Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Models Based on Collages

For this assignment we were asked to make 3 models based on each collage. Was also encouraged to step outside the standard material box. I also only gave myself 30 minutes to work on each model to keep myself from thinking to much and creating an exact replica of the pictures.


For model #1, I focused on the 2 pictures on the right of the collage. I was thinking of different ways to illustrate the wind map and the sun exposure. I had an idea to drizzle glue on a sheet and waited till it dried then draped it across 3 curved pieces of chipboard. For model #2 I was focused on the ripple brick picture and the picture of the boardwalk. I started to create my own ripple effect with popsicle sticks by rotating each level.


For model #1 I cut pieces of paper and folded them to create different edges and forms. I used the 2 pictures on the right to help with the idea to create edges on the base also. For model #2 I took a 4x4 piece of paper and started to cut, fold and change the flat plane into a form that has edges from different angles. For model #3, I focused on the ice cube image and took 2 pieces of tracing paper and started to play with the form to create volume and soft edges unlike the other sharp edges.



For model #1 I was thinking of a pathway that most markets tend to have and I started to randomly fold gold chocolate wrappers and placed them on the base. For model #2 I took pieces of chipboard and also started to randomly place them on the base. I started to great lines and borders. For model #3, I took the idea of an enclosed market. I took a piece of paper and folded it to make a form of a building and used small pieces of paper to create a small walls.

2 comments:

  1. Can we have some comments again on your thought process behind each model?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to seeing these models in class on Monday and the next iteration.
    I would explore different materials to express your ideas and yes! please describe your process.

    ReplyDelete